Thursday, August 3, 2017

Librarian Review: Daughter of the Burning City

Name: Daughter of a Burning City
Author: Amanda Foody
30237061
Rating (1-5 stars):4 stars

If you liked Caraval or enjoy circus-y worlds, this is the book for you!  It makes you almost smell the kettle corn.  If you enjoy mysteries and magic, you might like this too.  It will keep you guessing until the end!  

I really enjoyed how the author wrote.  Everything was really easy to picture and I would love to see the Gomorrah Festival.  Sorrina was a very likable main character- she doesn't always make the best choices, but she means well.  There are some LGBTQ+ elements as well, making for a refreshing fantasy tale.  Without giving anything away, I enjoyed the murder mystery element.  The book also has pictures of characters as well as the killer's notes.

Pairs well with licorice or circus peanuts ☺